There is no doubt that you can buy cheap clothes, shoes, toys, and other profitable products to import from China and benefit from them.
However, the import and export process between countries is undoubtedly very complicated, especially for a new beginner. But for a China Sourcing Agent who has been working in business trading for a long time, it is actually very simple. And today we will show you how to import goods from China.
Importing goods from China wholesale, mainly divided into 7 steps:
- Goods from China should be made sure that it can be imported into your country.
- Confirm the product and find a qualified supplier.
- Inquiry & Quotation
- Signing the contract
- Payment Terms
- Transportation Arrangement of the Goods
- Track the Shipments and Obtain the Goods
Some products are not permitted to be imported by customs. Prohibited products are various due to countries.
Therefore, the products to be imported must be confirmed first that they are licensed to be imported by the government. It will result in a large number of fines to import unsafe or illegal products. In severe cases, the products may be detained or destroyed.
For Example. Here are some U.S. Customs and Border Protection prohibited restricted items :
The merchant who traveled far and wide to China to buy the goods, in order to obtain benefits.
Therefore, be sure to choose a product that will help you make a profit while selecting. So you’d better collect as much information as possible about the product and the supplier, get a detailed description and a physical sample of the product. Of course, if possible, you’d better visit the factory in person to ensure the reliability of the products and suppliers.
so Where to find quality China manufacturers&Supplier? Here, we provide the top 10 places to find China Manufacturers:
- Alibaba.com: https://www.alibaba.com/
- DHgate: https://www.dhgate.com/
- Made-in-China: https://www.made-in-china.com/
- AliExpress: https://www.aliexpress.com/
- Global Sources: https://www.globalsources.com/
- 1688: https://www.1688.com/
- HKTDC: https://www.hktdc.com/
- China Suppliers: https://en.china.cn/
- Lightinthebox: https://www.lightinthebox.com
- Global Market: http://www.globalmarket.com/
Generally speaking, international trade starts with the inquiry and quotation of the product.
Quotation for the exported product mainly consists of: the quality grade of the product, specification and model of the product, whether the product requires special packaging, the quantity for purchasing, delivery time, transportation mode, the material of the product, etc.
After the two parties have reached an agreement on the quotation, the buyer will formally place an order and negotiate with the seller on some related matters. After both the parties have agreed and approved, the “Purchase Contract” needs to be signed.
At the proceeding of signing, it is mainly under negotiation on item name, specification, and model, quantity, price, packaging, place of origin, shipping period, payment terms, settlement method, claim, arbitration, etc., which will be written in the “Purchase Contract” after the two parties reached an agreement
|T/T||1. Accepted by all suppliers with a bank account
2. Low Cost
|1. Requires an upfront deposit payment
2. No payment protection
|L/C||1. No deposit payment required
2. Puts pressure on the supplier to comply with buyer requirements
|1. Rarely accepted for very small orders (e.g. Below $30,000)
2. Not accepted by all supplliers
3. High fees
|PayPal||1. Suitable for very small transactions (e.g. Sample orders)
2. Fast. Payments arrive instantly.
|1. Not accepted by all suppliers
2. High fees
The cost of transporting goods is high, including container cost, packaging cost, terminal handling charge, and brokerage fees. Each factor should be considered for comprehensive transportation costs.
Usually, there are two transportation ways of importing goods from China: by air and by sea.
The flight charge is high and it is suitable for light-weight and high value-added products.
Bulk goods are usually exported by sea. Therefore, it is necessary to elect an appropriate packaging, container type, and transportation insurance so as to ensure that the goods can arrive the destination safe and sound with low loss and reasonable shipping cost.
You can choose the packaging manner (for example, carton, wooden box, woven bag, etc.) according to the goods. The packaging requirements vary from package to package.
- General export packaging standards: packing according to the general standards of export trade.
- Special export packaging standards: packing according to the special requirements of customers on export goods.
- Packaging and shipping mark (transportation mark): they should be carefully checked and verified to meet the requirements of the LC.
- Types of Shipping Containers
(1) According to the size:
20’ Container：5.69m x 2.13m x 2.18m and actual cargo gross weight 17 tons. Volume: 33.1 cbm
40’ Container：11.8m x 2.13m x 2.18m and actual cargo gross weight 22 tons. volume: 58 cbm
40’ HQ (high-cube) Container: 11.8m x 2.13m x 2.72m and actual cargo gross weight 22 tons. volume: 68 cbm
(2) According to the material: aluminum alloy container, steel container, fiberboard container, glass-reinforced plywood container.
(3) According to the purpose: dry freight container; reefer container, dress hanger container, open top container, flat rack container, tank container.
- Type of Insurance
There are three types of insurance: Free from Particular Average (F.P.A), With Average or With Particular Average(W.A or W.P.A) and All Risk(A.R.).
- F.P.A covers the total loss of goods due to natural disasters at sea; the overall loss of goods during loading and unloading or transshipment; sacrifice, sharing and salvage costs due to general average; Total loss and partial loss of cargo due to transport vessels hitting the rocks, stranding or sinking caused by collision, flood, and explosion.
- W.P.A is one of the primary insurance of marine transportation insurance. In addition to the risks listed in the F.P.A, it also covers the risks of natural disasters such as severe weather, lightning, tsunamis, and floods, etc.
- The coverage of All Risk is equivalent to the sum of W.P.A and general additional risks.
International shipping takes time. For example, goods shipped from China take an average of 14 days to reach the U.S. West Coast or 30 days to reach the U.S. East Coast.
Meanwhile, please check your commercial invoice(CI), packing list(PL), bill of lading(BL) and other relevant shipping documents (which will be provided to you by your supplier). If something goes wrong, you can quickly find the core issue and solve it.
With these documents, you can also follow up the progress of cargo transportation, as well as the entire transportation and process. When the goods arrive at the port, you can get the goods after the broker cleared the customs.
Click here to know specific details about import from China:
- How to import from China to India
- Hot products to import from china 2019
- Import tax from China to USA 2019